Wednesday 10 August 2011

Two-Dimensional Design

I am now into studying two dimensional design and the components of it, like...visual components, alignment, contrast, literal and abstract presentations, etc. There is a lot to think about when making a cohesive design. I never thought about my involvement in the viewing of design but I choose, we all choose, whether to be passive or active audience members. The designer controls this and the viewer decides to spend time on the design or just pass it by.

I've also been required to look at other people's designs online and I just found this woman's website tonight and she is amazing...if you have time, check out: www.nicollemarie.com. Her designs are amazing. Also, www.strangedesign.ca is worth a look. Some are very entertaining, more abstract in nature.
The world of design is becoming more interesting. My education in photoshop is over as I finished my final this morning in which I gave a turtle the skin of a giraffe and put him on a beach background. I found it difficult and frustrating using the clone tool for such a large area. It's hard to get it perfect. I suspect when I have more time in the fall and winter that I will have more time to dedicate to practice. I cannot wait to be done my seasonal work! 


No comments:

Post a Comment