Wednesday 24 August 2011

the happiness project

I've recently read the book "The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubin and I have begun my own happiness project. I think it's a great idea. I have been trying to find the secret to happiness and peacefulness for the last year and I have definitely made improvements in my life but I am still on the road to success. I believe that projects like this will help inspire my creativity for my graphic design. Although I don't have a lot of time in the summer, I am trying to make time for myself.
My first month in my 12 month Happiness Project was 'Boost Energy'. This is for the month of August. I had been lacking in energy and the will to be active. I vowed that I would sleep less (I was sleeping more than I needed to), exercise more, eat better and get outside more. I get up most days at six thirty and exercise before I go to work. You would think I would be exhausted exercising before an eleven hour shift but it actually helps keep energy up.
So far, the project is successful. Next month (september) is 'Don't Be So Serious'. Life has become stressful and worrisome and I need to revisit the fun in life. My goal is to laugh at something at least five times a day whether it's forced or not...laughter breeds lightness.

I've also begun to list my resolutions:
1) Be yourself.
2) Sleep Less.
3) Exercise more.
4) Let it go!
5) Quit nagging.
6) Have more fun.
7) Don't complain out loud. (this one is really really hard)
8) Be more understanding.
9) Be more enthusiastic.
10) Get inspired!

These are just the beginning. I would recommend that everyone read this book, if not to begin your own happiness project but to get inspired to appreciate life more.
Please visit: http://www.happiness-project.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment