Thursday 23 June 2011

Beginnings

So begins my journey into graphic design. I have always been a creative person; drawing, poetry, painting, etc, since I was a teenager. I love the arts and I am now delving into technological arts at the ripe age of twenty-nine. Let's hope that I can keep on the up and up of what's new and trendy. Being a substitute teacher helps...I can check out the popularity of my designs with the teenagers! 
I decided to add a new career to what is already a long list...cashier, teacher, cook, and now graphic designer. 

I wonder is a distance course is the best education decision for learning graphic design but then I believe that it is the best decision for me. I enjoy self-teaching and I really think that learning the basics of the computer programs and supplementing my learning with books and websites like Lynda.com, I believe that I will receive an education on equal footing with the graphic design programs offered within Cape Breton. 
I have begun lessons in Photoshop and Bridge and so far it is fairly easy. 

I have been paying more attention to the graphic design that surrounds us and we are bombarded with it. There is so much creativity and imagination that surrounds us and we don't even stop and appreciate it. Next time you pick up a magazine, admire the colors and the pictures and the logos...someone's hard work, energy and passion went into it. The next time you pick up a new shampoo and conditioner, take a moment and wonder what attracted you to that particular brand. Was it the shape of the bottle? The color? The type? A combination of all? We are constantly, visually, being stimulated by design and I hope to be a creative and successful part of this community. I hope to be branding your next shampoo bottle, your next website designer, your magazine layout artist, part of the reason your business has become more successful!

No comments:

Post a Comment